Thursday, April 21, 2011

T-LOG: THURS Apr 21





So I went to see Dmitry Bichet today(chiro, cool dude, understands that lifting is a lifestyle -not like half the plebian chiros out there) and he worked on my rib a little.  It is slowly starting to feel better and I just want to squat without the fear of that popping pain happening again and he gives me reassurance and also helps by recommending areas to focus on..ie. over head stabalization for my ribs...


I squatted last Saturday 610lbs x 1 rep x 10 sets and last Tuesday I was supposed to do 595lbs for triples but I got sick.  So given that I have been deadlifting A LOT lately, I cut out the usual Thursday deadlift and decided to attempt my triple.


NOTE:  This is only my second time squatting in over a month.


Front Squat: 135x5, 225x3, 315x2
Back Squat: 405x2, 455x1, 495x1, 545x1, (add belt) 595 x3reps x 4 sets
This is not the amount of sets I had been hoping for.  The last few times I was only able to do 4 sets of triples was with 635lbs on December 21st or 22nd......  few things to consider....  I am just getting over a stomach bug that destroyed me.....I am nervous about my rib popping out and this is causing me to squat without confidence, i haven't been squatting lately, I am training without rehbands which I believe do help me out a lot......  these are not excuses just things for me to consider on not getting down on myself...I am only 7 weeks out from my next comp and not even competition ready.....  i am seriously contemplating taking a token squat, token bench.....and trying to pull around 800.....    anyway, I am sure things will start to fall into place as i continue to re-introduce my body to it's old ways.....


Finished off with some box jumps 5 reps x 8 sets and 2 human flags each side for about 2-3 seconds to make myself feel special.