Wednesday, May 25, 2011

T-LOG: MONmay23-WEDmay25



"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe." Ali


WEDNESDAY, MAY 25th, 2011


I couldn't sleep last night due to the pain in my back.  It was very difficult to even find a comfortable position to just lie in.


I went to see my chiro, Dmitry Bichet, today and he basically told me that I need to think before I lift.  He was like, " Jay, you know your anatomy very well.  Well, enough to easily diagnose the problem as a proximal tear to the rec fem...and yet you still decided to deadlift heavy....didn't you contemplate how your body is supposed to balance your pelvis?  No wonder you hurt your back!!"


Anyway, he helped a bit and I am now able to walk with less pain.  Hopefully tomorrow he is able to make the adjustments i need to be able to bend forward and also to control my pelvis without agonizing pain.






Feet up Flat Back Close Grip Bench Press to 3 board(lol, say that 10 times fast):315x10, 365x10, 385x3, 405 x 6 x 3 sets


Ring Dips x 33
Ring Chins x 20
Ring Pull Aparts x 20
All times 3 rounds




TUESDAY, MAY 24th, 2011


My hip mobility is improving and I think I can get low enough to somewhat deadlift.  It will be a little bit more of a back dominant pull but I NEED TO MOVE SOME WEIGHT....i am going fucking nuts not squatting or deadlifting.


Deadlifts: 245x4, 335x3, 425x2, 515x1, (add belt)605x1, 705 x 1(slow off ground but easy, 705 x-(got to knees and then CLICK there goes something in my back


BRUTAL AGONY....as the day continued to go on....the stiffness and pain grew...  I went to my grandparents after work for a bit.  Took a little nap and by the time I woke up i couldn't even roll over in the bed.  It took me about 10 minutes to manage to get to my feet and then once I stood up I couldn't walk. No matter how I tried to posture my pelvis and lower back I was shot with agony.  Not the kind of agony that you can tough out...the kind of agony that shuts your muscles off and forces you to collapse...  Only people who have done this can actually empathize with me.   Needless to say, I spent most of the night contemplating quitting powerlifting and taking up crossfit with the intentions to compete at the games in the next year.  It would be challenging on a whole new level and the injuries would never be so severe.  I could attempt to deadlift 400lbs for 20 reps for time after running 800m and doing 100 pull ups and not worry in the slightest about injuring my back...  yet I've always prided myself on good technique in the powerlifts and felt the same....  CLEARLY I SHOULD NOT LIFT HEAVY WHEN I HAVE AN INJURY THAT COMPROMISES MY TECHNIQUE!!




MONDAY, MAY 23rd, 2011


Hip is still tight but I can bench press without too much pain.


Bench Press: 135x9, 185x7, 225x5, 275x3, 315x2, 365x1, 405x1, 425+60chains x 1+1, 2, 1+1, 1+1, 370x5paused x 4 sets


Ring Dips x 25
Ring Chins Belly to sky: x 10 (did a lot of chin up variations on saturday, over 300 reps, so low today)
Ring Pull Aparts: x 20
All x 4 rounds