Wednesday, October 12, 2011

T-LOG: WEDoct12

Wednesday, October 12th, 2011




Well, my legs are extremely sore from yesterdays workout.  Who would have thought?  40 reps in 25 minutes with 60% does not sound that bad.  I mean 4 sets of 10 reps in 25 mintues with 60% would not be that bad so sets of 5 wouldn't be any different.  A major difference is that aggression at which a person is standing up.  With compensatory acceleration the most important part is the acceleration on the accent.  So it's not quite the same as a 4 by 10 workout, but still, I am more sore than I would have thought.  I hope that it doesn't hinder my deadlift workout tomorrow because I am FINALLY GOING TO GET TO USE MY DEADLIFT BAR!!  I am hoping to pull around 750+ AT LEAST but who knows how it will go.


Today, I did a very quick bench workout.


Bench Press: 385lbs x 6 x 4 sets


Handstand Holds x 40secs x 4 sets


DB front raises: 45's x 30 x 2 sets




While I was working on the Crossfit side tonight, Big Mike Sinclair came in to max out his deadlift.  Here is the video of his MASSIVE 785 pull.  It gets a little rough around the knees but the man muscles through it.  I think he's going to be the first guy in the Ottawa crew to pull over 800....and hopefully as soon as his next meet in December.