Friday, October 28, 2011

T-LOG: WEDoct26-THURSoct27

Wednesday, October 26th, 2011


I think I slept in an awkward position because my left shoulder is really bothering me.  I tried benching but as soon as the weight got to 365 it hurt when I lowered the bar to my chest.  Close-grip incline it is.  It doesn't hurt to touch it off the chest when I'm at an incline.


Close grip incline BP: 275 x 12 x 4 sets
Strict Wide grip chins: 3 x 33reps
Handstand Holds 2 x 50 seconds






Thursday, Ocotber 27th, 2011


Today is normally my deadlift day but I deadlifted on Tuesday...and fairly heavy on Tuesday.  I would rather deadlift heavy, or at least try to deadlift heavy, than to squat and move light weights fast and aggravate my quad further.  I enjoy the CAT squatting and see a lot of value in it.  It is going to see a large incorporation into my non-competition prep training, but for now, being injured, moving heavy weights as fast as I can AND also moving lights weights as fast as I can in the squat is only prolonging my quad injury ( I believe).  So, I'm going to deadlift heavy again because I like lifting in a state of fatigue, I want to save my quad, and it's fun.  Anyone who has followed my training or known me for a while knows that I never like training fresh....the only time I feel fresh is competition day...which is also the only time I will ever take more than one day off.....my CNS gets a great rebound.


Deadlift: 245x5, 335x4, 425x1, 515x1, 605x1, (add belt) 700 x 1 x 2 sets ( they both felt much better than any of Tuesday's deadlifts, the only reason I stopped is because I didn't want to get greedy, I am thinking of pulling again on Saturday).  Downset 630 x 7.