Monday, March 28, 2011

T-Log: FRI March 18th-SAT March 26th



STATUS: grrrrrrrrrrr...
 Shoulder: recently irritated left shoulder....
Hip: getting better but not perfect so still throwing squat technique off a little bit and forcing me to keep volume down.
Mid Back: New injury, never had before, low trap probably due to doing too many strict wide grip chins after ceasing benching due to shoulder.....keeping me from doing a lot of lifting......


Injuries suck, but working around them.....11 weeks out from competition....i have got to bet myself together soon.
Heres my training from roughly the last week.  Start from the bottom and scroll up.




SATURDAY, March 25th, 2011


Still not squatting and wanted to load my body with some weights.  i decided to deadlift again(thursday's deads didnt affect the back injury) even though my back is a little stiff.  I normally do not like deadlifting more than once in a week but I figure that tomorrow is my day off....so why not.


Conventional Deadlfit*** not strict back at start): 155x5, 245x5, 335x4, 425x2, 515x1, (add belt) 605lbs+30lbs chains x 1 x 10 sets
515 x 10 ( could have done another 5-8 reps but didn't want to push as I wasn't using strict technique and have enough injuries already)








FRIDAY, March 24th, 2011


Ring Jowet Pushups: 25 reps
w Head Supported Bent over Reverse DB lateral raises: 40lbs x 25 reps
ALL x 8 sets








THURSDAY, March 23rd, 2011


My back cannot handle holding good posture while I am standing up straight....
*****So today, going crazy for having not lifted any serious weight all week, I have decided to try deadlifting with a slightly rounded upper back......simply not forcing an arch or fighting to get my chest somewhat up during the start.


Conventional Deadlift(odd technique): 155x4, 245x4, 335x3, 425x2, 515x1, (add belt) 605lbs x 2 reps x 8 sets  
****deadlifting like this did not seem to irritate my back injury, although this style(not being strict in my start position) is taking a toll on my lower back.








WEDNESDAY, March 22nd, 2011


Ring Jowet Pushups: 25 reps x 8 sets
DB Reverse Laterals: 45lbs x 30 reps x 4 sets








TUESDAY, March 21st, 2011


My back is still hurting like crazy and I can not force good posture even without resistance....so there is no way I am going to try to squat with weight loaded across my shoulders.......this is garbage, but it must be worked around....and on the bright side....more time to relax the hip and get it to 100 percent as its been sticking aroung 90% with minor pains still.


Box Jumps: 5 reps x 20 sets






MONDAY, March 20th, 2011


Ring Jowet Pushups: 25 reps x 8 sets  (very strictly controlled)
DB reverse lateral: 45's x 30 x 2 sets








SATURDAY, March 19th, 2011


Front Squats: 135x5, 225x3, 315x2
Back Squats: 405x2, 455x2, 495x1, 545x1, (add belt) 575 x 1 x 6 sets
*******I was just working on technique today.  Each rep was feeling nice and smooth.  On my sixth set prior to my decent during my inhale, I felt a snap in my right mid back.  I continued the rep and squatted it no problem.  After racking the weight i soon realized that I had injured my low trap and possibly my lat.  It hurt to pull my head tall, arch back, and reach m elbows back towards my spine.......not good.


PISSED OFF AT ANOTHER INJURY......GO HOME.  I feel like a freaking china cabinet....this sucks.








FRIDAY, March 18th, 2011


(Handstand Pu's x15
w SWGChins x 33)  x 6 rounds


Triceps and db reverse laterals(45's x 25)
x 3 rounds


Push ups....just getting blood into the area