Saturday, January 29, 2011

POST COMP thoughts on training

325-200-337.5       862.5
I had a great day at Raw Unity 4.  I hit 2 PR squats(705lbs and 716lbs), hit a PR deadlift(744lbs) and moved 760.5lbs in the deadlift to my knees before I lost my grip.  That 760lbs failed DL is actually very exciting in my books.  I look forward to attempting 350 kilos at my next meet.


I couldn't have asked for a better squat or deadlift.  My bench, I should have taken a smaller jump to a weight I've done before. I jumped from 200kg to 210kg which I failed twice.  I should have taken a 207.5 kg second attempt.  This would have upped my total to 870kg, but oh well...  that's the name of the game.


Squat: continue to blast with the same protocols I used prepping for this RUM.


Deadlift:  I am losing the belt for a while and pulling from a deficit.  My weak point is off of the floor.  Once I can get a weight ABOVE my knees i can always lock it out.  Getting it there is the tough part.


Bench:  I have a lot of work to do on my bench pressing.  It's going to take a lot of my time now....I can squat with the best of them, deadlift with the best of them....but my bench is garbage and if I am ever to acheive a 2000lb+ total IT MUST INCREASE.  Anything less than 220 over the next year just isn't enough.  Chains, boards, heavy floor presses....gotta get it stronger.