Thursday, April 28, 2011

T-LOG: WEDapr27-THURSapr28

THURSDAY, APRIL 28th, 2011




I have not deadlifted for 2 weeks.  I took the last week off from deadlifting because I got sick, lost two training days,  and opted to squat on my DL day instead.  I had deadlifted plenty with the 'rib situation' inhibiting my squat so no biggie.

Conventional Deadlift: 245x5, 335x4, 425x1, 515x1, (add belt) 605x1, 660lbs x 1 x 6 sets


GHD Sit Ups: 20 x 3 sets
w GHD Hip Extentions 15 x 3 sets

I am pretty satisfied with this.  I would have liked to have gotten to 10 reps before they started to grind a bit but oh well.  Next week we will see how 675 feels and if I can do the same amount of sets or more before they start to slow down.




WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27th, 2011

Everything is feeling pretty good today.  I basically woke up feeling fantastic and pissing excellence.  First time in a long time NOTHING is sore at all.  Usually means I am not training enough in my books but the back does hurt (ribs) when I search for it....

Bench Press: worked up to 385+30lbs chains for doubles.  did 6 sets of 2.  And then since I haven't done any 'pause work' I did an easy 5 x 5 with 315lbs to work on the technique.

Ring Dips x 15
w Ring Rear Delt Pull Aparts x 15
x 4 rounds


***** During our crossfit class, we were working on turkish get ups w Kettle Bells.  I attempted a 44kg KB and lost it funny forcing a painful internal rotation on my shoulder(this was after following some advice from Willie saying to turn your wrist....yeah...NO).  So we will see how it feels come next bench day.  Things could only feel great for so long.